Railroad Right of Way and Cutting Platen: 1940 to 1958
"West Side Lumber Company was in a grand period of growth during WWII where they were harvesting some of the richest sugar and yellow pine available. It was being produced into fine grade lumber, building lumber, box shook, and even washboards for the kitchen. Mr. William Thorsen, President, passed away in 1942, and Mr. Fred Ellis, General Manager, took over at that time. The railroad Right of Way in 1940 was located near Milepost (MP) 55.5 at Camp 42. As the years moved onward, it extended to MP 67 near Cherry Lake at Camp 44, then onward to Camp 45 1950-58 and Niagara 1957- 58 MP 49. Such notable sidings as Hanlon Junction MP 59, Fleming MP 50, and Burner Siding MP 66 are seen. Bourland Bridge, the last major bridge to cross Bourland Creek, is viewed. Many of the grading camps are also located on the maps." Ed Sieckert, Historical Researcher, Tuolumne County Museum-History Research Center. 11 images. Note: The image shown is a partial view. Click on the sample image to enlarge.